Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 69

Dehydrator Success



The Zucchini was the most exciting for me because it turned into sort of zucchini chips, a little crispy and tasty. Next time I will add some salt while they are still wet from blanching. I think that even Aarod might like them with some salt. 


The apples remained pretty much the same colour as I squeezed lemon juice over them, they tasted sweet and lemony, very nice.


Capsicums shrivelled up very small, I put them in an air tight jar with local olive oil, local garlic, and chopped thyme



The cherry tomatoes shrank to the size of jelly beans, not too great, but I put them in oil anyway, same as the capsicum. The Plums took so much longer than everything else, they were so juicy, I put them on the tray with no grill, so perhaps there was not enough air flow? They may have been cut too thick also. They taste fantastic though, they are still a bit squishy, may not have ensured their longevity, however, I don't think that they will last all that long in pantry anyway as they make great snacks.
Products from Foodland

Today's shopping from Seaford Foodland - I was very happy to find an Adelaide based vinegar company. Vine Valley from Innovative Beverages 992 Port Rd. Albert Park.



Tonight's rushed local dinner - Phaedra's pork sausages, Chook Co-op eggs, garden spinach, Brad's tomato relish.



Phaedra's beef livers, marinated for 6 hours first in a jerky mix of soy (pantry), salt, pepper, honey, and garlic. The meat was quite wet to start off the process, but I followed the recipie instructions.


Phaedra's pork and beef liver, marinated 6 hours.
The meat is stinking out the whole house, not very pleasant, (Michael insisted on opening up the windows, and now it is freezing - well, 20 degrees) it needs to dry for up to 12 hours, so - overnight.
I hope it works, or we might be making friends with our neighbour's dogs (Liver treats?)

No comments:

Post a Comment