Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 8 - with large scale map


Howdy,

Welcome to all of the new followers, it is exciting for us to see new people taking an interest in our project, please feel free to ask questions, make requests, offer suggestions, etc. It helps me to have your input and ideas. Today Michael has worked hard at adding improvements to the Blog, the map and links are his handy work, and he usually edits my entries as I apparently say things that are too embarrassing. So it is very much a team effort, and we have sent Aarod off to work at Russel's Pizza in Willunga tonight with the mission of finding out how local Russel's Pizza is. My fingers are crossed that he comes home with good news, I don't want to go without Russel's Pizza for 12 months! If you haven't been, this is no ordinary pizza, this is to-die-for pizza, the best I have ever eaten, and well worth the wait for a table. They are only open Thurs and Friday nights in summer, Friday nights in winter, and Saturday nights and Sunday Lunchtimes for large bookings. They are usually booked out well in advance, sometimes for months, but the locals know a secret - you can buy takeaway after 6pm. and sometimes they can squeeze you in around the fire outside during winter.

Today we have eaten at home - home made bread, veg and salad from the garden. I visited our neighbours Elizabeth and John today, who offered me coffee, and then quickly offered garden tea - Lemon Balm picked from their herb garden. It was actually delicious, very strong flavour. Elizabeth, said the secret is to roughly chop the leaves and then crush briefly in the mortar and pestle to release the flavour - yum, it worked well, I will definitely try it with my Lemon Verbena and peppermint.

Today Michael did some research on Outback Pride, looking at where their products are grown, and found that there are farms in Meningie, Murray Bridge, and Port Victoria (Yorkes). Which means that the products from these farms are available to us, Yay!

Err just looked at the map again and realised that Macarob is grown and produced north of Burra, unfortunately out of range for us, so we still need to find a yummy substitute for Maple syrup.

I still need to tackle the rest of the research - I will keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment