Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 10

Hi - Michael here. Bridget is taking a break from blogging for today. It was pretty hot and so we were not trying to do too much anyway.

I did however go for a surf with Toby and Steve this morning down at Middleton, and we stopped off at the Bakery there afterwards for a Heritage Meat Pie, baked fresh in Goolwa. More research needed though - where did the beef and pastry actually come from? It was a nice pie - hit the spot. I forgot to look for some Mt Compass based Mountain Fresh Juice - usually stocked in most delis and bakeries in SA - and stuck with my own rainwater.

We did cook dinner - on the BBQ - huge baked home grown Zuccini with my sister Phaedra's mince beef (from her farm up at Kuitpo - ReyserLea), home grown basil and spring onion, and tomato and garlic from the farmers market. Our son Aarod did get carried way though and sprinkled some Taco spice powder from the pantry onto the meal - ruining the 100% local produce I was going for. We had home grown lettuce on the side (a few varieties) and some BD Paris Creek Farm Quark (like cottage cheese) as a garnish. I can tell you the meal was devine! Sorry - forgot to take a photo.

I just wanted to comment on the Useful Links section on the page - and let you know I will be adding to this as often as possible, and expect it to grow into a huge list. I dont know how user friendly it will be then though! We are very keen to provide everyone reading this blog with links to who we are sourcing our food from. Unfortunately so many do not have websites! If you know of other local producers within our radius whom you think we would be interested, please leave in the comments section of the blog - it would be much appreciated.

Enough from me today - sorry no updates on all that research we are going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment