Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Russell's Leftovers

Day 231

Russel's Leftovers Feed Us!



Aarod works at Russel's Pizzeria in Willunga most Saturday nights and sometimes we are lucky enough to have some leftovers brought home. Above are delicious meatballs and below is the pizza dough made into a lovely loaf of bread!




We still had more, so we made scrolls with home made lemon curd and home made pesto.




scrolls cooling - they were a bit over cooked!



Michael also made a meat pie


 Roast Lamb from Phaedra in the crockpot with potato,onion, rosemary from the garden and garlic from Farmer's market.

 Venison




Michael chops up the venison, a very welcome gift from Jason (Phaedra's husband). The meat is so incredibly lean and fresh. We were very pleased that Jason dropped in after his successful hunting weekend!



Spaghetti bolognaise made with venison mince and home made tomato sauce.

Preparations for the Tassie Trip


Dehydrated bolognaise sauce for my hike in Tassie in October. I have been invited to go along with the year 11 class from Willunga Waldorf School on their Overland Trek. I have started getting my food ready, and Aarod's food for his canoe trip next month. I have made an executive decision that not all of the food that we take on our trips will be local. Phew! too hard. We will take some milk powder, some scroggin, some noodles, and probably some dried fruit and chocolate! - need to keep the strength up somehow!



one of my favourite simple lunches - pasta with garlic, olive oil, and Finniss River Romano cheese (I spent my teenage years living in Finniss, so this cheese has a historical attraction for me). - it is a little less salty than Parmesan cheese, so I add a bit of salt too. When I have them available, I add chopped sundried tomato, basil, and anchovies, one or all of these. Yum. 


The second harvest of asparagus this season - it is a bit early, but very welcome at my table. This is the largest spears we have had yet -about as thick as my thumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment